spotsearch

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

First Fundings on Prosper.com

As I mentioned earlier, my lending philosophy on Prosper is to give to people that I believe in. I'm not just out to make a quick buck- I like the social aspect of lending to help out someone and seeing them succeed at their goals. I just funded two loans on Prosper.com (Technically, I repurchased fractions of loans from Prosper, as lenders on Prosper are actually loan repurchasers). My first two loans, I believe, are great ones, and I am quite positive about them, and feel great about helping out these people.

The first is a loan to BloggingAwayDebt, a blogger who has put her financial life online for everyone to read. She is writing about tackling her large amount of credit card debt and gives interesting tips along the way. It's fun just reading her blog- check it out. If you're interested in reading about the borrower's perspective on Prosper, read her posts here.

The second loan was to the owner of Barking Dog Coffee, a (soon-to-be-started) dog-friendly Coffee House located inside The Book Worm Book Store. There's a yard area too, where dogs can be tied, and walked around. They'll have not only coffee, but smoothies, milkshakes, baked goods, and doggy treats. This is such a great idea, and, I believe the owner has the experience and enthusiasm to make it a success.

Both borrowers had great credit grades (A and AA), both are married with dual incomes (usually helps in that it's less likely both people in the couple would end up being unemployed at the same time), and both exhibited great enthusiasm for reaching their goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home